|Years of Operation:||1918, 1936 – 1938|
|Ounces of Gold Produced:||277|
Davidor Mine (Past Producer)
Approximately 14 miles northwest of Kirkland Lake, in SW14, 814, lot 9, concession II, Benoit Township. Shaft at Latitude 48.290, Longitude 80.240. Map reference: ODM 2215, Benoit and Maisonville Townships.
Mafic metavolcanics are cut by felsic stringers and dikes, and by 3-foot wide shear zones containing quartz-carbonate veins and lenses with maximum widths of 1 foot. The main ore zone lies in a shear which strikes N300W and dips vertically. Mineralization consists of pyrite, chalcopyrite, galena, molybdenite, and visible gold.
The average recovered grade of the 1,298 tons of ore milled was 0.21 ounce of Au per ton. In 1947, more than 315 tons of ore was processed in a test mill and found to have a recovered grade of greater than 0.14 ounce of Au per ton.
Open for staking as of January 1, 1971.
1917: Gold discovered by Oscar Anderson on his farm.
1920: Two-compartment shaft to 400 feet, with levels at 80, 180, 280, and 380 feet and 1550 feet of drifting by Bourkes Mines Limited. In 1918, 5,331 pounds of ore milled at Mcintyre mill, Timmins.
1933: Workings dewatered and sampled by Tellaurum Gold Mines Limited.
1936-1937: Ore mined by Bourkes Syndicate.
1938: Ore mined by Mesabi Gold Mines Limited.
1946-1947: More than 315 tons of ore processed in test mill by Davidor Mines Limited.
|Year||Gold||Silver||Ore Milled||Recovered Grade|
|(ounces)||(ounces)||(tons)||(ounce of Au per ton)|
OBM 1917, Vol. 26, p.249-251 (Anderson Farm).
ODM 1921, Vol.30, pt.6, p.53-55 (Bourkes Mines, Limited).
ODMNA 1971, GR92, p.17, 18.
Resident Geologist’s Files, Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources, Kirkland Lake:
Benoit Township, Bourkes Syndicate Gold Mine (1947).
Gordon, J.B., Lovell, H.L., de Grijs, Jan, and Davie, R.F.
1979: Gold Deposits of Ontario, Part 2: Part of District of Cochrane, Districts of Muskoka, Nipissing, Parry Sound, Sudbury, Timiskaming, and Counties of Southern Ontario; Ontario Geological Survey, Mineral Deposits Circular 18, 253p.