The Purdie mine bar
The mine bar was created to improve Drilling and cut down the amount of time it took to drill. The Bar is adaptable to any standard column bar;one servicing all lengths of bars in a stope.
The invention also:
- reduced set up time by 56 minutes
- reduced tear down time by 10 minutes
- was Ideal for use in narrow stopes and\or low inclined raises
- Reduce the minor accidents hazard. No more chipped shins and ankles bones from sledging a jack pin.
- Takes the hard slugging out of the set up
- positive lock until ratchet reversed
The bar was created and patented by George Purdie of Lake Shore Mines Limited and Purchased by Inspiration Mining And Development Company Limited.